Information for Funeral Clients Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Kings Funerals (Geelong, Newcomb, Ocean Grove, Torquay, Victoria)
Applicable from 11:59 pm 18 November 2021
King Funerals is committed to keeping up to date with Government regulations, AFDA (Australian Funeral Directors Association) requirements, and our current high standards of procedure. The safety and wellbeing of our client families and our team remain our number one priority.
Please contact our team for any questions or enquiries if you are unsure of any of the information provided here or elsewhere with regards to your service.
To maintain safety standards and comply with regulations, our team will request that all guests check-in via QR codes and proof of vaccination be shown. Our team will assist you through this process. We ask for your patience and understanding during this time so that we can remain available to deliver the services our client families deserve.
What we’re doing to keep you safe
- We are taking the following precautions to help protect the health of families and their guests, including;
- Continued high standards of cleaning and disinfecting at all Kings venues
- Touchless sanitising stations are located at all Kings venues
- Adhering to all federal, state, and local government, and AFDA regulations and guidelines.
- Face masks are recommended where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- If your mandatory quarantine or isolation period is not concluded, or if you are experiencing respiratory/COVID-like symptoms, webcasting is available to those who cannot attend. Please discuss this with your Arranger.
- QR-code registration at services
- Proof of double vaccination at services will be requested where mourner numbers are permitted for double vaccinated guests
- a. Digital Covid Vaccination certificate that can now be linked to the Service Victoria app
- b. Digital Covid Vaccination certificate that can now be saved to your phone’s ‘wallet’
- c. A printout of your Covid Vaccination certificate
- d. A printout of your Medicare Immunisation statement
- e. Proof of vaccination card
- Funerals options remain available at reduced guest capacity if the family would like to include guests without proof of double vaccination. This is applicable at Kings and external venues.
- We have a number of online services available for your convenience including
- Online guides to assist in making funeral arrangement decisions such as our step by step funeral guide and online coffin & casket gallery
- Online forms for contactless statutory form submissions
- Online payments
- There are differing mourner limits based on the attendee’s vaccination status. Children who are under one year of age are not counted in the venue limit.
No density limits for all guests over the age of 12 and 2 months with proof of double vaccination.
Density limits of 50 guests subject to 4m2 rule where one or more guests over age of 12 and 2 months are unvaccinated, single vaccinated, or unable to provide proof of vaccination
Newcomb Chapel: 31
Newcomb Courtyard: 50
Newcomb Verandah: 19
Geelong Chapel: 30
Torquay Chapel: 25
- All regular attended and unattended funeral offerings (Ask for our guide on basic, single, double funeral services)
- Cremation and burial options
- Webcasting to allow those who cannot be present in person, to be involved
- e-Tributes to allow messages of condolence
- Photo presentations during the service
- Creativity is encouraged and our Arranger will work with you on your wishes
- Meaningful elements such as flowers, candles, and readings
- Our comfort dog, Womble, is available to be present with you and your guests
How we can help…
- Your Arranger is available for any questions, concerns, or feedback at all times
- We have 24/7 availability via phone or email
- We are committed to working with the wishes of the family while staying within regulations
- The Grief Centre is a complimentary telephone support service available to Kings families
- FAQs and guides are available online and via your Arranger
- We will continue to update you via your Arranger
Attending a funeral? Remember…
- To register your attendance on the eTribute if where one or more guests over age of 16 are unvaccinated, single vaccinated, or unable to provide proof of vaccination
- To take your mobile phone to check in with QR code on arrival, our helpful team can assist you in this process. If you don’t have a smartphone, you will be required to sign in manually.
- To have proof of your vaccination status.
- Take your face mask
- We at Kings are here to help – and so are many professional and caring organisations like the ones listed here. We encourage you to see what services they have to offer and to call on them for assistance when needed.
- Our partner The Grief Centre will contact you 6 weeks after the funeral and throughout the first year to support you including the offer of counseling sessions. Your GP can provide mental health support including referral to a psychologist.
- We thank you for your patience and support.